“Will my stomach go back to the way it was?” This question often comes to a mama’s mind after giving birth, and we’re here to answer how to lose postpartum belly fat fast.
Although nothing compares to the presence of your little one, the presence of a flabby postpartum belly affects your confidence. There’s no reason to be insecure, though because you have to remember that you carried your little one for nine months (or less for some!), so it’s only natural for slimming down to take time too.
But of course, there are ways to help speed things along in a safe way and reclaim your pre-baby body. With a little patience and dedication, these seven tips can help speed up your journey to slimming down and shrinking your belly.
How To Lose Postpartum Belly Fat Fast in 7 Ways
1. Breastfeed your baby regularly
Breastfeeding helps build a baby’s immunity and helps you lose fat after pregnancy. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, 450 to 500 calories go into breast milk every day.
2. Walk more
After giving birth, Mama can take advantage of your baby’s need for sunshine and fresh air. Bring out your stroller and take a walk around the park. With regular walking, you’ll soon burn calories without noticing it.
3. Consume nutritious and fiber-rich foods
Eating healthy is important after giving birth. In fact, mamas don’t really need to go on a diet because your body actually needs good nutrition to help the body recover. Moreover, breastfeeding mamas need more calories.
Consumption of fiber-rich foods can also help you break down fat in the body and improve digestion. That way, your body weight and stomach size will gradually decrease by themselves.
4. Get some rest
Although it seems impossible to get proper rest if caring for a newborn, studies have shown that not enough sleep hampers your metabolism. Moreover, lack of sleep often leads to poorer eating habits, lack of energy to exercise, and other activities that contribute to further weight gain.
5. Do targeted belly workouts
If possible, immediately do light exercises regularly after giving birth, Mama! But of course, make sure this is something your doctor has approved you to do already. Incorporate the moves below, which are known as belly fat-busters:
- V-ups: This move requires you to crunch and raise your back and legs, forming a V shape.
- Planks: A calorie-burning exercise as it engages various muscles simultaneously, especially the abdominal area. A traditional plank is fine, but you can also change it with side planks or one-arm planks.
- Bicycle crunch: It looks intimidating to do, but once you get the hang of it, it will surely help flatten your tummy.
- Mountain climbers: This exercise doesn’t just tone the abs but also targets the arms and shoulders.
6. Reduce sugar intake
The postpartum recovery period often forces you to choose meals that are easier to prepare but bad for your health. However, we all know that too much sugar leads to several health issues such as diabetes, obesity, and heart disease. Minimizing your sugar intake will surely help you lose postpartum belly fat fast and stay healthy.
7. Wear a safe and comfortable postpartum corset
A postpartum corset can help you restore a slimmer body posture and tighten your abdominal muscles after giving birth. Corsets can also reduce pain in the back or pelvis after childbirth. If you wear one, mama can surely feel more comfortable carrying out various daily activities.
If you are unsure which corset to choose, fret not because Mama’s Choice Postpartum Adjustable Corset and Mama’s Choice Body Shaper Breathable Corset are here! Wondering which one to use? We’re breaking it down for you:
Mama’s Choice Postpartum Adjustable Corset
- This adjustable corset shrinks the belly and helps the uterus return to its pre-pregnancy size for faster postpartum recovery.
- Made of a 65% polyester and 35% elastic fiber blend, this lightweight corset is durable yet comfortable enough to wear daily.
- Has an extra velcro belt for enhanced compression.
- Help improves posture and eases back pain to give mamas more confidence in their postpartum body.
Mama’s Choice Body Shaper Breathable Corset
- This corset helps trim the tummy area to enhance your shape and create a slimmer look.
- Helps to improve your posture and mobility while reducing postpartum back pain.
- With 3-row hook-and-eye closures, this corset ensures it fits your figure even as your waist gets slimmer.
- This skin-friendly corset is made of a 70% polyester and 30% spandex blend, which is soft and stretchy.
- Extremely versatile and can be worn under clothes while you exercise, go to a party, or head to work.
Are you ready to shop the corset for you? Then, click the banner below and head to our official Amazon store to learn more about our postpartum corsets!
Mama's Choice Team
A team of passionate writers, young mamas, and creative superheroes who help mamas face motherhood one educational article at a time!