If you’re wondering what moisturizer is safe for pregnancy, you’ve come to the right place because finally, there is a moisturizer that is both safe and effective for pregnant mamas! Read on and find out what makes it different from your regular moisturizer.
Moisturizers are an essential part of every skincare routine. Now that you are an expecting mama, trust us when we say that you need it more than ever.
As you know, women go through significant hormonal changes as their pregnancy progresses. Due to this, you may notice that your skin is getting more dry than usual.
While drinking plenty of water can usually do the trick, it is also important to hydrate your skin from the surface. This is where a trusted moisturizer can help you.
What moisturizer is safe for pregnancy? Mama’s Choice Daily Protection Face Moisturizer!
To help mamas stay hydrated and glowing, we have formulated a moisturizer that is completely safe and effective. We call it the Daily Protection Face Moisturizer.
This is safe to be used every day along with your other skincare products. Aside from that, this lightweight and gentle product is also safe for postpartum and breastfeeding mamas.
This means that you don’t need to change products again after giving birth!
Here’s everything you need to know about your new favorite moisturizer:
1. Dermatologically Tested and Hypoallergenic
Before anything else, we made sure that our moisturizer is formulated with the safety of mamas in mind. After all, nothing else matters than keeping our mamas at ease with the products that they use.
Aside from that, we also understand that a mama’s skin is very sensitive, especially during pregnancy. That is why our products are certified hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested in leading labs in Singapore.
2. Free of Harmful Chemicals for Mamas
There are several ingredients that mamas are better off avoiding during their pregnancy. It was our priority to not include these in our moisturizer and other products.
Here are some of the ingredients that you will commonly see on other moisturizers, but not on ours:
- Alcohol – We all know that pregnant women should not consume alcohol. But even rubbing alcohol on skincare products can cause harm. Alcohol in beauty products can strip away the natural moisture of the skin and cause drying. This dryness can make your skin appear wrinkled and older.
- Artificial Fragrance – While a nice smell can be enticing, it can also irritate your skin. The Academy of Dermatology Association claims that this is the leading cause of contact dermatitis. This happens when the skin turns red and inflamed after coming in contact with an irritant.
- Silicone – Silicone is usually used as an antifoaming ingredient in both household and personal care products. This forms a barrier in your skin that can trap bacteria, dirt, sebum, and other impurities.
- Paraben – There are many reasons to avoid products with parabens. However, when it comes to the products that you apply to your face, you should be especially careful. This is because parabens can elevate the damage caused by the sun on a cellular level. This can cause skin irritation and may even lead to skin cancer in the long run.
3. Hydrates the Skin and Locks in Moisture
Of course, this is the most important thing, right? Aside from intensely moisturizing your skin to prevent dryness, this will also lock in the moisture. This will lead to radiant and supple skin that would highlight your pregnancy glow wherever you may be heading.
4. Offers Protection from Sun Damage
Aside from keeping your skin moisturized, this will also prevent sun damage with its SPF 20 PA++. This makes it even more convenient to use every day as you may no longer need to apply sunscreen.
Despite its sun protection properties, this is also a safer option compared to other sunscreens. This is because it does not contain strong chemicals such as oxybenzone and avobenzone. Substances like this may not be suitable for pregnancy and those with skin sensitivities.
5. Made from Natural Ingredients
Nature has some of the best ingredients to keep skin beautiful and healthy. We used some of it in formulating this moisturizer. Here are some:
- Rice Extract – this is known to provide both long-term skin hydration and an anti-inflammatory effect
- Hyaluronic Acid – this will lock in moisture for up to 8 hours. By doing so, it will prevent the skin from early aging
- Zinc Oxide – this protects from the sun and ensures that you are safe from dull and discolored skin due to UVA/UVB damage
6. Other mamas are loving it!
Take the word of other mamas. Here is what current users of the Daily Protection Face Moisturizer are saying:
Want to try it for yourself? Click the banner below to shop it on our official Amazon store!
Is Sunscreen Safe For Pregnancy?
Pregnancy Skincare: 3 Ways To Get Rid Of Dull Skin
Top 4 Ingredients in Skincare To Avoid During Pregnancy
Mama's Choice Team
A team of passionate writers, young mamas, and creative superheroes who help mamas face motherhood one educational article at a time!